Imperfections
The baby really has a developing case of OCD. I worry about it. It surrounds imperfections. She notices things differently than her sister ever did. Her attention to detail is unnerving and yet something I could only strive to achieve. And yet she is 20months.
It began when she was younger. My dad mentioned that he noticed she would put her hand up his shirt sleeve and start picking at the pieces of skin that weren't smooth with the rest of his arm. She did this to me as a baby when she nurses; it drives me nuts since its usually under my shirt. She had her first scab recently. She immediately picked it. Ew, gross. Then she picked it again. And yet again. And yet again. And still as it is STILL healing, she rubs it to make it smooth or to check its smoothness or to just feel its imperfections. I would def put it under the obssessive column. Obviously she is a kid, a toddler who loves to put her hands in the pudding and feed herself by fingers. And yet in a different situation if something sticks to her hand, her leg, her fingers or her toes, she will instantly start whining and ask for a tisssssuuuu. At this point I dont even bother trying to figure out what the matter is, I just go get her a wipey or a towel. Funny thing though, she is so clingy and whiny right now she is getting some teeth. Usually in any circumstance, if I try to put her down to get something else for her that she
wants, she wont get down. But if it involves a wipey or towel need, she's fine to let me go get it for her!!
Then the compulsive side. She may not be growing up in the clean enough house for her. I feel bad sometimes. I've definitely been able to get things organized more lately, but she just seems to be bothered by it. She has this uncanny knack for taking something out and sometimes making it a darn right point to put RIGHT back where she got it in the first place. Literally. For example, she was playing around with the stuff in her closet and I let her bring something out since I was busy trying to get the kids ready for school. She had to bring the thing downstairs with us. Five minutes later when she was done, I caught her going up the stairs herself. I watched her go upstairs dragging the toy behind her and put it right back into her closet. WOW. Now, this doesn't happen all the time, b/c she is afterall a toddler. But WOW. Right back to the exact spot. Funny. I hope this trait continues......
Dont even get me started about the dishwasher. She is SUCH a big help. She is actually unloading what I let her. Now that is awesome. And turning on and off lights at the right moments. We have a big girl growing up here.....

One last story before bed. Zoey got this new necklace last weekend. Its fake gold so every night she has to take it off before bath. One night this week, as I took it off Zoey and went to put it on the table next to the tub, Audrey reaches over and goes "me, me, me" and tries to motion to me to put on the necklace. It was so cute....she wants so much to be like her sister. She's one and half going on 3. Zoey will crawl around on the floor like a kitty meowing, and sure enough so will Audrey, not even knowing why.....they are so cute!
It began when she was younger. My dad mentioned that he noticed she would put her hand up his shirt sleeve and start picking at the pieces of skin that weren't smooth with the rest of his arm. She did this to me as a baby when she nurses; it drives me nuts since its usually under my shirt. She had her first scab recently. She immediately picked it. Ew, gross. Then she picked it again. And yet again. And yet again. And still as it is STILL healing, she rubs it to make it smooth or to check its smoothness or to just feel its imperfections. I would def put it under the obssessive column. Obviously she is a kid, a toddler who loves to put her hands in the pudding and feed herself by fingers. And yet in a different situation if something sticks to her hand, her leg, her fingers or her toes, she will instantly start whining and ask for a tisssssuuuu. At this point I dont even bother trying to figure out what the matter is, I just go get her a wipey or a towel. Funny thing though, she is so clingy and whiny right now she is getting some teeth. Usually in any circumstance, if I try to put her down to get something else for her that she
Then the compulsive side. She may not be growing up in the clean enough house for her. I feel bad sometimes. I've definitely been able to get things organized more lately, but she just seems to be bothered by it. She has this uncanny knack for taking something out and sometimes making it a darn right point to put RIGHT back where she got it in the first place. Literally. For example, she was playing around with the stuff in her closet and I let her bring something out since I was busy trying to get the kids ready for school. She had to bring the thing downstairs with us. Five minutes later when she was done, I caught her going up the stairs herself. I watched her go upstairs dragging the toy behind her and put it right back into her closet. WOW. Now, this doesn't happen all the time, b/c she is afterall a toddler. But WOW. Right back to the exact spot. Funny. I hope this trait continues......
Dont even get me started about the dishwasher. She is SUCH a big help. She is actually unloading what I let her. Now that is awesome. And turning on and off lights at the right moments. We have a big girl growing up here.....
One last story before bed. Zoey got this new necklace last weekend. Its fake gold so every night she has to take it off before bath. One night this week, as I took it off Zoey and went to put it on the table next to the tub, Audrey reaches over and goes "me, me, me" and tries to motion to me to put on the necklace. It was so cute....she wants so much to be like her sister. She's one and half going on 3. Zoey will crawl around on the floor like a kitty meowing, and sure enough so will Audrey, not even knowing why.....they are so cute!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home