Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I swear they just get sillier

Tonight in the bathtub, I started to see some behavior from Audrey that reminded of Zoey in that pre two-yro world. Zoey was just so adorable and cute and silly and fun and a little mini person that it made you want to have more. I definitely dont feel that this time around, being stressed out with two really can do wonders on your life. But it was just so nice to see some of that silliness and for Zoey, Audrey and me to enjoy it. It's important to step back and enjoy the kids and these moments. Sometimes I get so focused on getting things done, doing this, doing that, I just haven't been able to enjoy this stuff. Anyway, I have Audrey going to MMO in the mornings when Zoey is at school - I guess its allowing me to have a life again. It's nice to breath a little!!

So this is their latest sillythings.


Zoey. She asked for a donut all day long. Finally, I picked one up at the store tonight for her to eat with dessert. When we got home, she saw the bag and said, momma can I have my donut now. And I said, no Zoey, not until you eat your dinner. She said, oh pickles! She's also taken to saying "holy fish" in an exclamatory voice. I can do oh pickles, its the holy fish that sometimes concerns me....She got in the car the other day and asked me if I would play that Laurie Berkner song, the one that gives her so much joy(!!).....tonight at dinner, CJ and I were discussing what I need to pickup at Costco tomorrow. He mentions getting some granola bars that everyone will like. I say just tell me which ones you want since Audrey likes the nutrigrain (but no one else), you like the PB (peanut butter - audrey's allergic), and Zoey chimes in and says "and I like the chocolate chip kind". Yes, Zoey, thanks for the input!!! I swear, she is so cute...

Audrey. Bathtub tonight. Zoey got a washcloth, so Audrey wanted one. She doesn't know what to do it with though. So she was standing up and it stuck to her leg. She got a kick out of it, so she did it again and showed me. I giggled, so she did it again. Then I said, show Zoey. So she had to show Zoey. It became a 15 min routine where Audrey would take a washcloth and put it on her leg without it slipping down. It was just too silly. Then she looks at us and stops suddenly. Looks us both straight in the face and FARTS. Then slips back down in the tub laughing hysterically. Then sits in the tub trying to fart more. Of course, at this point, I tried to distract her since it looked like she might push out a poop instead!! She has these developing OCD traits. Over the weekend, she ate some applesauce and had to wipe her mouth after each bite. She is the messiest kid, and yet when she gets something sticky on her hands, feet, face, etc, she freaks out for a wipee. Then there's the skin imperfections. She picks, pulls, and nitpicks anyone's skin that isn't perfectly smooth or that scab or a bump. Then of course, there's the fact that every buckle has to be buckled. That's actually starting to fade (thank goodness!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home