Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Losing our shoes, keys and mind??

Last week, after losing the entire previous week to illnesses in this household, I was trying to reorganize and clean up. I found THREE of the girls shoes, all lefties, no matches. What the?? I thought for a minute there was crazy right footed elf stealing shoes from my children. I have since found two of the missing right shoes, but there is still some right footed elf out there with a nice stride rite....

Where do all the sippy cups go? I think they're worse than socks. I HATE having to keep track of sippy cups, but even worse, I hate spilt drinks! I go through sippy cup droughts, then all of sudden, I just find sippy cups everywhere....I've found them under all the seats in my van. In the shower. CJ pulled one out of our bed yesterday. Who is running around and putting these drinks all over the place? Again, I think it's a little elven-thief who is trying to make me go crazy. I swear, I have gotten Zoey a drink just to have her come find me five minutes later asking for her drink. And I look at her like, I just gave it to you - where did you put it? And she looks at me and says I dont know where it is...

Somedays, I really do think I'm going crazy.....at the park this week, my friend and I met a new mom. They had moved here recently and we chitchatted with her a while. When everyone was packing up to go home and put toddlers down for a nap, we noticed her looking for something. This began our half hour search for her keys. Everywhere. Everyone. Couldnt' find this poor woman's keys. Just as she decides to call her husband to come and help her, someone found them BURIED in the playground. (a little elf, no doubt) Even worse, she realized that she couldn't call her husband if she needed to since he just got a new cellphone and she didnt know the number and knew that he wouldnt take a phone call on his desk.

See, us moms, we aren't going crazy....other people are driving us there.....

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I also have a little sippy cup elf at my house. I was just telling Chris that the damn sippy cups are worse than socks the other day too. Then when you do find them they are so nasty from the fermenting juice or milk inside that you just want to throw them out anyway. Nasty. I think I'm keeping Nubby in business. That is the main reason that Brie drinks water 99% of the time. I try to tell myself it is just because I want to be a good mom and it is better for her to drink water, but no – it is because I don’t want to clean that funk out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home