Friday, February 23, 2007

The Catastrophic Pooh

If you think Pooh stories are TMI, then stop reading now.

I'll set this up for you. Zoey had major allergies all last week (creating sick like symptoms). Then over the weekend, she, her sister and myself all got sick. A cold, nothing major, but still yuck. On Monday, it moved into their chests, so the coughing began. My husband threw his back out this day as well. The man is not well and looks to be in a lot of pain. The baby puked on me in the middle of the night. All over me. On Tuesday, my oldest began running a 102 fever and puking. This continued through Thursday. Thursday am we learned that she had strep throat and that the baby was possibly showing the beginning signs but was testing negative to strep. Oh and all that puking was probably just another virus but could also be related to the strep.

Thursday night, my poor husband had to work late - 6pm meeting an hour away from home. Poor guy had to work all day, bad back, late meeting, and long time in the car. Not good for an injured back. That night while he was gone, I was giving the girls a bath. Having been dealing with sickness and crazed things all week, I was multitasking in a big way. While the kids were in the tub, I was working on a contract with a client and ate my dinner. I was in the process of waxing my legs when the baby pooped in the tub. So here I am, contract on the floor, dinner everywhere and wax all over my legs, hands and quickly lots of other areas in the bathroom as I try to quickly whisk the kids out of the tub. I tried to get Audrey to sit on the potty, but no she screamed. So as I'm trying to clean the large baby ruth sized terd out of the tub, she begins to squat on the bathroom rug and finish. I'm asking my 4yro to grab her a diaper but of course I had just used the last one that was out. All the rest are still in the box in the closet. The baby realizes that she has pooped on the floor and stands up crying. She steps in it. Gets it on her feet, my dinner plate, yes the contract too. (thank heavans it was just a draft) I get her into our bathroom, where she begins to squat again and finish the job. She is in such a state of potty training, that its something she does to emulate her sister. But she doesn't "get" it. She didnt "get" what was coming out of her butt. She hasn't quiet figured that out yet. And this stuff on the rug really really bothered her.

I felt so bad. If I had just put on a diaper when she first pooped in the tub, I think she would have felt safe. But instead she ended up crying and upset about this stinky stuff all over the place. That *may* have set us back a few steps in the potty training. Once she saw me grabbing toilet paper to wipe things up, she did as well. She was so confused. I felt so bad. She kept saying pee pee and pointing to the areas of poop and pee in the shower and bathtub and various rugs. And trying to wipe them up. And yet as upset as she was about the whole thing, she kept trying to squat and push out more....and then when she did, she would give me this look like she wasn't going to poop again for like 6 weeks b/c she was so disturbed. Yikes!!

In the end, the rugs are washable, the toys were disinfected, floor cleaned, children washed. It's all good and disinfected. I just hope she's still willing to poop! This has been hell week of 07....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home