Note to self:
When scolding my children, I must remember to include the phrase "that I see".
The other day, the girls were taking a bath. Both were getting pretty revved up, splashing water and shoving each other. So I said, the next person that pushes the other one into the water has to get out of the tub. Well, I turned my head, and sure enough someone pushed someone else. Zoey was crying and Audrey was whining. I
didnt see who pushed who and Zoey sat there looking at me, like MOM, she pushed me first, make her get out. But I couldn't cuz Audrey was looking at me and pointing at Zoey!!!! Both kids acting like they wanted me to scold the other, but I didnt. I'm not going to punish them for things I dont see!! So I rephrased myself "the next person I see to push the other has to get out the tub". Funny, no more pushing after that!!
The other day, the girls were taking a bath. Both were getting pretty revved up, splashing water and shoving each other. So I said, the next person that pushes the other one into the water has to get out of the tub. Well, I turned my head, and sure enough someone pushed someone else. Zoey was crying and Audrey was whining. I

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home