Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Things are getting better....finally

Well after a terrible few weeks there, finally things are improving. I had a rough time healing from my surgery; I had complications for a few weeks that caused a lot of pain. Not fun. We finally got Audrey to wear her glasses. I had to go and get some of those stupid wrist supports since I was waiting on our elbow restraints to get shipped. Funny thing though. She only needed to wear the wrist supports (on her elbows to keep them from bending) for about an hour and then I realized that she wasn't trying to take off the glasses. I think she quickly realized that she should wear these glasses thing. Very good good good. She is doing great with keeping them on now. I think it kinda made everyone's heart jump for joy and give a great sigh of relief. :-)

Other big changes now. Spending 6 hours or so in the hospital waiting room with your dad and grandpa taught Audrey one thing - that she was really able and ready to walk on her own. It's so nice not to carry her anymore! Now we can't keep her OUT of our showers! Every morning, she hears daddy turn on the water in the shower and she hauls butt down the hallway to the bathroom. She'll go in glasses, shoes, clothes and all too! She doesn't even try to take off the glasses in the shower. It's great for me since shortly before this walking thing, Audrey would only let me take a shower for about 90 seconds - just long enough for her to figure out where I was and come crawling into the room and crying.....Now I think I could read a book in the shower and she'd be happy! Silly girl. On a bad note, she bit her sister today. Hard - left a mark and almost drew blood. Please oh please oh pleaseeee dont let her be a bite-r! That can cause really bad problems in school - it's bad enough that she has no qualms with pushing other children down and taking their toys or food.....sometimes it just so hard as a mom to know how to handle these situations...

On a final note, I'm going to my 10 year college reunion.....what have I gotten myself into???

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Mattie Moo's Mom said...

Great news! We are thrilled you will be coming to Nashville! We must make plans to connect! So glad you are feeling better too! Been sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home