Not a good week.
I've been quiet. To say that the last week has been strange would be an understatement. To say that it was one of this family's worst weeks would be to give fate something to strive for....it started with the whole scare over the baby's eyes. Thank you God, but there is no tumor. At least not yet. She has some severe form of Amblyopia (known as lazy eye) where one eye is far sighted really bad and rapidly losing vision. So she has to wear glasses immediately and elbow restraints to keep the glasses on. This will not be fun. Last Monday, I began the great hunt for a pair of cute and SAFE baby glasses that fit a child the size of a 2 yro. Not easy.
During the week that I was frantically driving around town visiting 3 or 4 optic shops in a day and calling 3 or so more, I had some pains. Now if there has ever been anything wrong with your child or they've been sick, etc., you know what I'm about to say. How hard do we try to bargain with God - please God let this happen to me and not to my baby kind of bargaining. During the two weeks we had the scare with the baby's eyes, all I could think of was her needing an eye surgery. And I would sit there and say please God not her - let me me do it. Well, does God take you up on those? I think he did. Because Friday night I was at the ER getting a laporoscopic procedure done. I went in to get an IUD a week before and the practioner had inserted it THROUGH my uterus. Not into it.....I didnt even know that could happen!
So, I'm healing. Slowly. I wasn't planning on needing surgery last week, but voila! The baby has glasses on order. And I would still bargain with God to have some surgery instead of my baby. Quite frankly, the week ended on a high note since the beginning of the week we thought the baby had leukemia or a cancerous tumor in her eye....surgery isn't nowhere near as bad as that!!!

1 Comments:
Oh sweetie! How awful for you, but I am thankful that Audrey's prospects are looking brighter! We will keep your family in our prayers! I can't wait to see baby girl in those glasses! I know they are going to be cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home